> I for one would be in favor of an option to enforce strict
> typing (compile time option).

"SQLite version 3 will feature two other affinity modes, as follows:
Strict affinity mode. In this mode if a conversion between storage classes is
ever required, the database engine returns an error and the current
statement is rolled back."

I hope it means that SQLite will behave like any other database, and errors
during insert will be detected while they are made, not in some unspecified
time in the future.
This is probably not a problem with machine generated SQLs, but if a human is
allowed to enter SQLs, working with a database may be difficult.