On 05 Jun 2007 14:59:40 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Are you sure it is sqlite that used the stack and not the jdbc driver
> (or your application)?

yes

> What happens if you run that query from the sqlite shell?

That query I pasted works. Bigger doesn't.

Ok, I confused 2000 columns with 2000 rows.

With that many columns I'm not surprised, but also think you "get what
you deserve".

It seems the stack is used in a critical path, I mean, not using the
stack would hurt performance (in terms of cpu cache) in the general
case so, in my opinion, your case doesn't "deserve" to be fixed.

You can make the generator create a temporary table, insert the data
on it, make the select and then drop the table, even if that would
involve more coding (at least to handle the final table drop after
geting the result).

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas