"Rob Richardson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, let's say we want to delete a record using "DELETE FROM my_table =
> WHERE my_key = my_unwanted_value".  I would just pass that string into =
> sqlite3_prepare16(), then call sqlite3_step() to actually do the =
> deletion (and return SQLITE_DONE), and then clean up by calling =
> sqlite_finalize?

That's what sqlite3_exec16() would do, if such a function
existed.

Note, by the way, how sqlite3_prepare16_v2() works:  It translates
the input SQL into UTF-8 then calls sqlite3_prepare_v2() to do
the parsing.  The current implementation of SQLite does *not*
implement a UTF-16 tokenizer or parser.  All tokenizing and
parsing is done in UTF-8.  So if maximum performance is your
goal, then you might consider using sqlite3_exec() and/or
sqlite3_prepare_v2().

Note also that for new development you should be using
sqlite3_prepare16_v2(), not sqlite3_prepare16().

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>