Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

You would have a better database if you normalize it and not do what you propose.

Meaning what, exactly?

Obviously, I've only given rough indications as to my data source, such as:

the huge Products table (which is actually a UNION ALL of various supplier catalogs)

without detailing where all the data in there comes from, since that would distract too much from my question. But suffice to say that "normalizing" beyond the current structure is not straight forward.

In any case, at least in my ignorance of what you propose, it's beside the point.

In essence, I'm asking: is it possible to update multiple columns in a row, where all those values come from a single related row, without SQLite having to find (eg via SELECT) that related row multiple times?

Or, put another way, I want to get SQLite to:

1. Locate the related row.

2. Grab the desired columns from that row, putting each in the related row.

I hope that clarifies.

Thanks,
Tom