After reading some more it seems language and country tags alone
aren't enough. Inside the same country, the same language and even the
same culture, different orderings can be used depending on the
ordering objective. As an example, there can be a specific order used
in phone lists and other for dictionaries.

That's why I left my original suggestion of en_AU in favor of
UNIL_en_AU and UNIS_en_AU, because Linguistic and String ordering seem
to be the most often needed types. This probably doesn't cover all
situations, but definitely the most often needed.

Jiri