----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Godfrey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Thanks Gerry,

Indeed, I have tried exactly that.

Hmmm... This seems to be a thread for eating crow... ;^)

Hi Gerry,

My actual query is a bit more complex than the sample I posted. I thought my posted sample was a valid representation of what I'm actually trying to do (and I still do), though I had trouble with the "ID" and "Version" in the result set being constructed from differing records. I've added a table containing exactly the data I showed in my example, and indeed, the query you posted does seem to work exactly as I requested.

So, I seem to have failed in my efforts to accurately "simplify" the problem. Now, I need to figure out what's different between my real situation and the one I proposed here.

Thanks again for you assistance.

Jeff