At 12:16 02/07/2007, you wrote:
Hi,

Pls notify me if it can be brought down to 1 sec.
There is no mem constraint.

I don't know x86 asm or gcc for x86, but in powerpc asm, if i use altivec libraries (libfreevec, f.e.) for string comparations, mem moves/copies, sorts etc... i get from x2 to x16 speed improvements (and more). Perhaps changing the comparation routines with a sse/sse2/3dNow or similar asm code you can get a speedup boost.

regards
ragha