From: Chase [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 4:03 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] how do i generate a uniqueidentifier ?

sorry.  should have been more specific.  i'm talking about guids (or uuids).

here's the create table line:

CREATE TABLE foobar (id uniqueidentifier, foo text, bar text, PRIMARY
KEY (id));

that works great, but i have not been able so far to generate a fresh
guid to insert into the table.

in ms-sql, you'd use newid(), for example:

insert into foobar values (newid(), "Aaa", "Bbb");

and then you'd get something like:

select * from foobar;

    id                                        foo      bar

    {00000109-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}    "Aaa"    "Bbb"

so how is this done in sqlite3?

- chase