Right now, when i do a select in sqlite that is supposed to be in alphabetical order, i get:

DC
Da
De
Do

instead of:

Da
DC
De
Do

The LIKE operator doesn't seems to be helping me here either. It searches the text case-insensitively, but it still outputs it in the "wrong" order. Keep in mind that I'm aware that the former is NUMERICALLY/TECHNICALLY in order, but I need it in "human-understood alphabetical order" (we'll call it).

We ultimately will be creating an index for this column anyway, so let's just jump ahead and talk about creating an INDEX which would spit out:

Da
DC
De
Do

If, however, it has nothing to do with the index and instead we should deal with this in the SELECT, that's fine. In that case, tell me what that SELECT statement would look like.

Thanks.

- Chase