Won't most arithmetic expressions such as :

SELECT  (col1 + col2) * col3
  FROM  table

require parenthesis ?

Regards,

--
Olivier LE FLOCH

On 25 août 07, at 00:01, Bruno S. Oliveira wrote:

Hi there,

Is there any sort of expression inside a query that needs to be
surrounded by parenthesis?

My program will receive queries built to run in MySQL, Oracle and
Postgrees. The problem, as posted before, is that SQLite has problems
with parenthesis around JOINs...   So, what I want to do is to remove
every possible parenthesis present in the incoming query. So that my
problem is resolved fast.
Can I do that safely?

Thanks in advance.

Regards