From: Dwight Ingersoll [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:43 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Unique ids for each record

On 8/20/07, Sreedhar.a <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<<snip>>

> I want to restrict the Artist range to 100 to 199 so that with the id
> I can make my search fast and also I knew with unique id that I need
> to search for the Artist alone.

<<snip>>

Considering the small range of data it appears you want to deal with, SQLite
should be more than capable of quickly returning the results you desire,
especially since it appears that you're using a numeric field as primary
keys.

It would be helpful to understand why you chose this approach, and the
source of your data.  The reason I'm asking is because the project I'm
currently working on is an offline viewer which utilizes the data available
from the FreeDB Organization.