On 9/14/07, Asif Lodhi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been just glancing over the Unicode related posts. However, I
> would like to know how it's possible for me to insert text in
> different languages in an Sqlite database. Can you fixate the "type"
> of the language for any particular database? I would be thankful if
> any of you guys could explain to me the procedure in a step-by-step
> manner.

SQLite holds UTF-8 or UTF-16 text, and converts between the two.  That
is as far as SQLite's Unicode support goes - if you would like to
index/sort text according to a language you will need to give it a
custom collation (which is not hard) otherwise it will use an ordinal
comparison.

--
Cory Nelson