I am trying to use PHP and SQLite on N800 Nokia Internet Tablet - a great
handheld Linux based computer, but not exactly Linux (uses Maemo). That
means compiling is not an option for me, and most Linux things are 'ported'
over.

I can create a new database and insert from both command line and using php
pdo in the NGINX web server (localhost in browser), but in browser can't
access database created from commandline, and in commandline can't access
database created from browser/localhost. Both say "Encrypted or is not a
database"

Is there a way to get the version info from within PHP_PDO?  And are my
versions incompatible?

Anyway, I installed SQLite and from command line it shows SQLite version
3.3.5

That one is easy.

When running NGINX web server as localhost and doing phpinfo() I get (0nly
applicable parts shown):

Configure command shows -with sqlite
PDO Drivers sqlite2, sqlite

in the pdo_sqlite section:
PDO Driver for SQLite 3.x enabled
PECL Module version (bundled) 1.0.1 $id:pdo_sqlite.c, v1.10.2.6.2.1.
2007/01/01 sebastion Exp $
SQLite LIbrary 3.3.7

But then in the SQLite section
SQLite support enabled
PECL Module  version 2.0-dev $id: sqlite.c, v 1.166.2.13.2.6 2007/01/01
sebastian Exp $
SQLite Library 2.8.17
SQLite Encoding iso8859

So I think it is creating databases in 3.3.7 - is that incompatible with
3.3.5?