The only way I can think of doing it without modifying the table (i.e. adding a rowid column that's updated on every delete) is to select all the rows on the table
and then increment count for every step that returns a row.

Adam Megacz wrote:
Hello.  This is probably a stupid question, but...

Is there any way to include some phrase in a SELECT clause that will
match only the Nth-Mth rows of a table, for some values of N and M?

Note that ROWID isn't what I'm looking for -- if you delete rows from
a table the ROWID no longer matches the "row number".

Thanks,

  - a