Here is my current understanding (by "process" I mean a process
*or* thread that has opened the database):

>> *snip*

Correct.

On the other hand, our hope as always been that you do not need
to understand any of this in order to use SQLite.  It should all
just work. The only time you might to know this stuff is when you are trying to squeeze every last ounce of concurrency out of
the system.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

... or when you're porting sqlite 3 to an embedded OS,
as I am, and you need to figure out how to implement
xLock, xUnlock, and xCheckReservedLock!    ;-)

Thanks,
Richard Klein