Hello,

this question was propably asked a hundred times before but I was not
able to find a good answer for it on the web.

Is it possible to change the directory where SQLite places the
journal-file? We have a damn-slow USB-Stick where the database resides.
It does not fit into the fast internal memory but the small portions of
data we change and the resulting journal file would fit.

We tried "PRAGMA temp_store" but this only effects the virtual tables.

Someone on the web also proposed to write a virtual filesystem and
change the IO-Functions in SQLite. But I wanted to check first if there
is another way..?

Regards,
--

Thomas Damme