On 10/25/07, Richard Klein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Trevor Talbot wrote:
> > The thing is, SQLite's synchronization mechanism is simpler than most
> > full-featured SQL databases.  In all cases, the point is that if you
> > are attempting to do simultaneous writes from two connections, each
> > connection must be prepared to receive an error, rollback the
> > transaction, and try again.  Personally, I don't see anything terribly
>  > complicated about that.
>
> It's not complicated at all.  It's just an aspect of database programming
> that I was unaware of, until now (I'm a database newbie).

You're also implementing SQLite's locking system for your own
platform, so you need to be concerned with these details anyway.
You're not just blindly implementing it, you're also verifying your
understanding of the goals and taking the time to question SQLite's
behavior to make sure everything is correct.  I think that's
absolutely wonderful.

I just wanted to point out to anyone seeing this thread and thinking
"eek" that from the perspective of using SQLite one doesn't need to be
concerned with these details, because the original implementors, and
people like yourself, keep verifying those details do what they're
supposed to do.