--- Teg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You'll just end up exchanging an "are you initialized" flag for a "have
> you called the initialization routine" flag. I don't see it changing
> the size or complexity. Either way, SQLite either has to ensure it's
> initialized OR that someone has called the initialize function. It
> end up being the same check.
>
> I'm not sure why this is ever required. Static initialization flag
> that tells Sqlite to initialize itself internally or tells SQlite that
> the user has initialized it.

The user does not need a flag to track sqlite initialization.
He just calls sqlite3_initialize unconditionally before using
sqlite the first time. Every application and dynamically loaded
library has an entry point.

Although it would be a good idea to allow the sqlite3_initialize
function to be called multiple times, as new dynamically loaded
shared libraries would not know if another shared library is also
making use of sqlite.