On Nov 6, 2007 8:55 AM, Joe Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It works in a Linux xterm.
> There's probably some UTF or codepage issue with the Windows console.
> Try using another command-line shell.

Thank you for your response Joe. It is a codepage issue. Using
sqlite3.exe 3.5.2 from a Windows XP cmd.exe box, I tried

SELECT blb FROM textblob WHERE blb IS NOT NULL;

and got codepage 437 representations of the BLOB data in the blb field.

Using the same query with tclsh and the tclsqlite3.dll 3.5.2 the
output in the Windows XP cmd.exe box was a codepage 850 representation
of the data.

Also the sqlite3.exe 3.5.2 query

SELECT dec, hex FROM textblob WHERE blb = 'À0';

worked when I substituted the codepage 437 glyphs for À0. I have yet
to suceed with tclsh.

Thanks again for the hint. I doubt that I would have remembered these
codepage discrepancies if you hadn't reminded me. It has been several
years since I last had this problem.

Robert Wishlaw