[Default] On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 00:50:47 +0300, "Igor Sereda"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Thank you! How about separate DB just for large texts?
>Would that be an overkill?

I think it would be overkill indeed. I also think it's better to
have 'too large' pages for the 'numeric table' than to have too
small pages for the 'text table'.

>We could use different page sizes for the two DBs. I'm not sure
>how well transactions over several DBs are handled though.

The problem with using separate databases is that you can't
force referential integrity and cascading updates and deletes
(using triggers) between the 'numeric table' and the 'text
table'.

>Best regards,
>Igor

HTH