> I was able to open and run "PRAGMA integrity_check" on the
> database file you sent me (off-list) on both Linux and
> MacOSX x86 using SQLite version 3.4.1 and 3.5.2.  No errors.
>
> I have no idea what is causing your problem.

Ok, since it was confirmed here that there SHOULDN'T be a problem, I
went back, rebuilt things again, and now everything seems to work. I
have no idea what the problem was, and investigated it before posting,
but *shrug* seems to be fine now. I don't think there was an
incompatible version hanging around, but something was causing the
issue for me. At any rate, thanks for the help. Problem seems to be
solved.