Hi Scott,
My initial evaluation of this database was that it allocates memory for each operation on the database. It returns the memory only when the database is committed. So the behavior you see is normal.
Ray Hurst

ScottDerrick wrote:
I am using sqlite3 in a DAQ device.  Data can be viewed on the unit using a
Rails enabled web server.

The data is being stored to the database every 1 to 5 seconds.  I wanted to
leave the the database open for as long as teh application is running and
then use a IMMEDIATE, PREPARE-INSERT(x), FINALIZE, COMMIT sequence.   The
application may run as long as 30 days at a time.

To save disk access and CPU time I was not going to open and close the
database for every insertion iteration.  However I have noticed that my
application seems use more and more memory as time goes bye.  If I open and
close the database for the insertion cycle the memory usage is stable.

It seems like a bug to me but I assume the database is keeping some kind of
rollback or restore data in memory.  Any way I can tel the database not to
do save this data in memory if I don't close the database, so my memory
usage is stable?

thanks,

Scott