We can define in, using SQLite, both "fixed max. width" VARCHAR() fields (I
know, in practice it can be crossed over), as well as "no limit" TEXT fields.

So I would to ask: are there any benefits from using VARCHAR() and not TEXT?
For example faster(?) data access - or just anything, that makes establishing
such limit on the field length reasonable?
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski