Hello,

I am trying a simple experiment where I want to limit the size of the file
that SQLite uses. Further, I want to manage the growth of the database(s)
explicitly.

One of the first aspects I want to manage is the size of the file on the
disk. I want to set hard limits on the size and during query execution, on
failures, explicitly manage the persistence across multiple databases (or
disk files).

(a) Since I am new to SQLite, I would like to hear from the community on how
this can be done using what SQLite3 provides.

If there are specifics that need to be managed outside the context of
SQLite, I am fine with that. However, for doing external management I
believe I would need hooks into the basic management of the database. What I
would like to know is
(b) are such hooks already available?
(c) if these need to be implemented, the list of source files I need to look
into will help.

Thanks for your time,
Yuva