Thanks.

To ensure that the database size is closest to the data in the database, I
see the following have to be taken care off:
a) The latest in-memory transactions have to be flushed to disk.
How?
b) The space has to be reclaimed after delete/drop.
For this I use the PRAGMA VACUUM statement.

How do I ensure that there is nothing pending in the memory so that external
file size APIs are accurate for my work?

~Yuva