Joanne Pham <joannekpham-/[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have been working on MSSQL server and SQLite is new to me. I
usually did the following in MSQL server to check of the specific row
  is existed in the table and have different action depending on the
result of the check. For example: Create table versionTable
(dbVersion varchar(20) insert into versionTable values('6, 0, 0, 1');
Now the table is created and it has one row(6, 0, 0, 1).
I usually do the following to check the content of the table

If NOT EXISTS ( select 1 from versionTable where dbVersion = '6, 0,
     0, 1') insert into versionTable values('6, 0, 0, 2');
ELSE
    update versionTable set dbVersion = '6, 0, 0, 2';

I really don't know how to convert these syntax from MSSQL server to
SQLite.

delete from versionTable;
insert into versionTable values ('6, 0, 0, 2');

Specifically for maintaining a version number in the database file, see also

PRAGMA user_version

at http://sqlite.org/pragma.html

Igor Tandetnik