From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 13 December 2007 10:14
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Testing SQLite

"Brown, Daniel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Morning List,
>
> I've just started experimenting with SQLite to see if I can replace
> our current custom embedded database solution with it and trying to
> port SQLite to some of our embedded platforms. Are there are any
> testing frameworks (unit tests would be great) for SQLite?  I'd like
> to be able to automatically verify I've not broken anything in my
> porting or tinkering,
>
> I've had a look round the website but I've not managed to find
> anything there.

Something like 65% of the SQLite source code in the standard download is
devoted exclusively to testing.  Only 35% of the code actually becomes
part of a production build.

The test scripts are written in TCL.  You'll need to have a TCL
implementation available for your target in order to run the tests.
Assuming you have TCL installed, just do:

     make fulltest

and a bunch of tests will run that given on the order of 98% test
coverage.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>