The fastest performance you will get is with synchronous off. That will relax the ACID requirement on the COMMIT but it can be unsafe if you get a crash during the commit.

Mohd Radzi Ibrahim wrote:
Hi Rasanth,

I'm not an expert in SQLite. Not sure what kind of performance gain you want to achieve. Perhaps you could try "pragma synchronous=off". Or in-memory database...

I guess the journal is there to provide ACID db characteristic.

For me even with that out-of-the-box, the insert performance is already faster than MS SQL Server 2005; (I've been working with more than 1 million rows tables).

best regards,
Radzi.