Andreas Volz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've only 3.4.1 installed. But Gentoo has 3.5.4 in the unstable tree.
> I'll install that one if needed.

I see this idea expressed often, Andreas.  Please help me to
understand how I can improve the SQLite website or documentation
to make it clear that SQLite does *not* need to be "installed"?

SQLite is available as a single file of ANSI-C code.  The name
of the file is "sqlite3.c".  There is a companion header file
named "sqlite3.h" which defines the interface.  You download
these two files from

    http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-amalgamation-3_5_4.zip

and add them to the other source code files in your project,
and add a line to your Makefile so that sqlite3.c gets compiled
in.

No installation.  No setup.  No worries about Gentoo unstable.
It's just a file of C code.

Have I not done enough to get this point across?  Please suggest
what else I can do so that people understand?

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>