I like the idea of keeping SQLite strictly SQL Standard compliant.  With
strict compliance one has a very strong and highly transportable
development platform to migrate a finished application to any SQL
Standard compliant database.  If all those vendor specific SQL Standard
"extensions" are really required on arrival at the target, perhaps one
has hit the wrong "target" :-)

I would like "Flame retardant suit on!" to see development continue
toward things like stored procedures, extended SQL Standard compliance,
enhanced Triggers, and anything that enhances support of user
implemented multi seat access.

But, if SQLite opens the multi user door too wide that will invite in a
heard of those that want even "more!" (Bloat) IMHO.  Perhaps it is time
to consider, as some databases have, a "Local" and a "Server"
implementation of SQLite.  Easy for someone like me to ask for, as a non
code contributor "user." :-)

Fred