Thanks for your answer,

I don't have time to test it now but I will let you know.
I 'm not on my linux machine but I believe gcc -c sqlite3.c generates a sqlite3.o file. Is this file already usable as a shared library or do I have to call the linker to generate a sqlite3.so ?
How can I check the functions available in the sqlite3 shared library ?
Are some tools available to list the exported functions ?
Is 'so' the default extension for libraries under Linux ?
What is the best location to place a shared library under Linux ?

Sorry for all those annoying questions...

Thank you.

Luc