At 9:07 PM -0500 1/12/08, D. Richard Hipp wrote:
In case you haven't been watching the timeline
(http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/timeline) we are in the middle
of some major changes. The virtual machine inside of SQLite
is being transformed from a stack-based machine into a
register-based machine.  The whole virtual machine and
the code generator is being rewritten.  Slowly.  Piece by
piece.  I haven't done an overall line change count yet, but
we are looking at some pretty serious code churn.  3.5.4 to
3.5.5 is likely to be the biggest single change in the history
of SQLite.

I would think something like that is worthy of a 3.6.0 version number. Not just a minor version increase that would be more suitable for minor changes or bugfixes. On the other hand, I can understand if you save the larger increments for changes that are user-visible and not just plumbing. -- Darren Duncan