[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > This appears to be slightly different than normal *nix globbing since
> > SQLite uses '^' rather than '!' for the set inversion (if my reading of
> > the source is correct).
>
> GLOB is suppose to exactly mimic Unix, except that SQLite does not
> break pattern matching at / boundaries the way the shell does.
> So if the previous statement is true, it is a bug.

Experiments using bash indicate that either ^ or ! is accepted
as the negation of a character set.  Hence,

    ls -d [^tu]*
    ls -d [!tu]*

both return the same thing - a list of all files and directories
in the current directory whose names do not begin with "t" or "u".

SQLite only supports ^, not !.  I wonder if this is something I
should change?  It would not be much trouble to get GLOB to support
both, must like the globber in bash.

Anybody have an old Bourne shell around?  An authentic C-shell?
What do they do?

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>