"Lee Crain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I did expect SQLite to enforce the NOT NULL portion of the SQL
> creation statements, no matter what.

SQLite *does* enforce NOT NULL no matter what.  I think your
pointers are getting turned into NULLs someplace else, perhaps
somewhere in the QT layer.

A NULL can get inserted for NOT NULL columns for non-matching
rows of an OUTER JOIN.  Are you doing OUTER JOINs?  The NOT NULL
applies to the table, not to query results from the table.

Also, if you request a invalid column (the column number is too
large or too small, or the last call to sqlite3_step() did not
return SQLITe_ROW), then the SQLite interfaces will return a
NULL pointer.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>