This might be a really basic question and it might be PHP related, not
SQLite, I am not sure...

I know that the traditional way to do a delete would be this:

DELETE FROM users WHERE ipaddress = '192.168.1.1'

But I have also seen syntax where the actual statement does NOT
contain the '192.168.1.1' but rather a ? and then the value is set as
a parameter on, in my case,  PDO object.  It is my understanding that
using the ? is much more secure then the traditional way above.  Where
might I go to learn more about the ? way of doing a delete?

Sam