"Scott Hess" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> True, but my code snippet didn't check for NULL.  If, for some reason,
> SQLite returned a partial statement handle with an error code, then
> I'd expect you would want to pass it back to sqlite3_finalize().
> Since sqlite3_finalize() explicitly handles NULL, I think you can
> safely just pump the statement handle from sqlite3_prepare() back to
> sqlite3_finalize(), regardless of what it is.

I have modified the documentation so that SQLite now guarantees
that it will never require a call to sqlite3_finalize() if
sqlite3_prepare() returns anything other than SQLITE_OK.
See the latest CVS check-in.

   http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/timeline

So, Scott, your extra sqlite3_prepare() call is harmless
and probably a good safety precaution.  But as of the latest
check-in it is no longer necessary.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>