>The code looks OK except for the typo (i.e. sPre[2048[ should be

sPre[2048]).
Yes, It's a mistype on the mailinglist, the code it's ok!

> I assume that your real table isn't named "table" since that is a
keyword.
The real table name is "inputai"

> Can you open the database
file using the sqlite3 command line utility
> and execute a select
query to return or count the number of rows that
> match your update
condition?
Yes. I can open the database and I can run with success the
same command.
I copy and paste the program output (printf sql) to
sqlite3 command line utility then I press Return and the table is
updated!!!

>select count(*) from your_table where Address=7 and Port=1
> If that gives a zero result you have your answer.
I've got "1"

>You
might also want to show the create statement you used for the table
>you are trying to update.
I create the table using some code:

int
create_input_ai()
{
        int rc;
        char sql[512];
        char *zErrMsg = 0;

printf("CREATE_INPUT_AI\n");

        strcpy(sql,"CREATE TABLE inputai
(Address INTEGER,PortDescription TEXT,PortNumber INTEGER,PortType TEXT,
PortResolution INTEGER,Value REAL,UM TEXT,"\
                        "RangeMin REAL,RangeMax
REAL,Offset REAL,MinL REAL,MinLL REAL,MaxH REAL,MaxHH REAL,Delay
INTEGER,Hysteresis INTEGER,Alarm TEXT,Users TEXT,"\
                        "Action TEXT,
Monitor TEXT,TimeStamp TEXT,TimeAlarm TEXT);");

        rc = sqlite3_exec(db,
sql, NULL, NULL, &zErrMsg );
        if( rc!=SQLITE_OK )
        {
          fprintf(stderr,
"SQL error: %s\n", zErrMsg);
          sqlite3_free(zErrMsg);
          return(-1);

}
        return(0);
}

I don't know where I must crash my head :-(

Pierluigi Bucolo