Tuesday, March 11, 2008, 11:10:03 AM, you wrote:

ss>> I am trying to setup a very basic system for just tracing the sqlite
ss> code,
ss>> but I didn't have any luck.

ss>> Code::Blocks compiles everything, but when it comes to tracing, it
ss> traces
ss>> even through comments.
ss>> Eclipse CDT includes the sqlite3.h, and accepts the *sqlite3 pointer,
ss> but
ss>> doesn't accept the function db_open. Actually i don't understand how
ss> this is
ss>> possible.
ss>> DevC++ doesn't compile sqlite3 and signals lots of errors in sqlite3.c.

ss>> The environments are setup for c++ compiling via mingw and run the
ss>> traditional hello world, and the sqlite used is the amalgamation.

ss>> Is there a straightforward way to trace sqlite, without messing around??

ss>> Thanks,
ss>> Saverio

>>What do you mean by tracing. Do you mean code profiling? Or easy
>>navigation though the code? Or ...?

ss> Just step-in; I'm studying the sqlite code and it would be easier if I could
ss> see the internal in action.

I can't comment on the compilers you mention, however Microsoft VC6
has no problem tracing through the SQLite code in the debugger.

--
Best regards,
  Neville Franks, http://www.surfulater.com http://blog.surfulater.com