In testing a my code I came across this example.
Could someone help me understand what this syntax is doing please
(from the Seinfeld demo database examples)

..m col
..h on
..w 20 17 6 23 6
..e on

Is this some form of typecasting?
This is how they are used

SELECT f.name as food, e1.name, e1.season, e2.name, e2.season
FROM episodes e1, foods_episodes fe1, foods f,
     episodes e2, foods_episodes fe2
WHERE
  -- Get foods in season 4
  (e1.id = fe1.episode_id AND e1.season = 4) AND fe1.food_id = f.id
  -- Link foods with all other epsisodes
  AND (fe1.food_id = fe2.food_id)
  -- Link with their respective episodes and filter out e1's season
  AND (fe2.episode_id = e2.id AND e2.season != e1.season)
ORDER BY f.name;

SELECT e.name AS Episode, COUNT(f.id) AS Foods
FROM foods f
    JOIN foods_episodes fe on f.id=fe.food_id
    JOIN episodes e on fe.episode_id=e.id
GROUP BY e.id
ORDER BY Foods DESC
LIMIT 10;

SELECT 1 IN (1,2,3);
SELECT 2 IN (3,4,5);
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM foods WHERE type_id IN (1,2);
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM foods WHERE type_id
IN (SELECT id FROM food_types WHERE name='Bakery' OR name='Cereal');

SELECT name,
(SELECT COUNT(id) FROM foods_episodes WHERE food_id=f.id) count
FROM foods f ORDER BY count DESC LIMIT 10;