Hello List,

 Here I am stuck with some Database Table corrupt problem and I would
request the people on this list to help me out as I am unable to figure out
the cause for this problem.

Previously I was using SQLite 3.1.3 and now since our application should
support Mac OS Leapord, it uses SQLite 3.4.0 which is available in the OS by
default.

I will give overview of what is happening

App A - Writer process
-----------------------------------
* Open SQLIte Connection
* BEGIN IMMEDIATE TRASACTION
* Insert/Update some 1000 rows in Table A,B,C
* COMMIT
* Close SQLite connection
-----------------------------------

App B - Reader process
------------------------------------
A) Open SQLite Connection

B) Read rows fro Table A,B,C based on some constraint -( Returned Results
are
  as expected)

C) Initiate App A to write some 10-20 times information (This step is
executed several times, however it is ensured that all these write
operations are serialized)

D) Read rows fro Table A,B,C based on some constraint -( Returned Results
are not as expected. )

E) Close SQLite connection
-------------------------------------

The actual problem I am facing is at the step D, in App B, where I expect
that all the information updated/inserted to be returned from query, instead
some of the rows in table A,B,C are lost forever.

(just to know what is left in database, I tried to open the database in some
document application, for example TextEdit, and the row information which
looked as erased are available, and in between all these the database size
has not changed )

I have checked these following links and one thing I required to change is
"BEGIN IMMEDIATE TRANSACTION" to "BEGIN EXCLUSIVE TRANSACTION", but did not
see any impact from this.

http://www.sqlite.org/releaselog/3_4_0.html
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=CorruptionFollowingBusyError

Overall I guess I am using some wrong version which I need to upgrade to new
version, but have to re-consider if it requires major change.

I am bit unclear in my explanation I suppose, please let me know I could
provide some more information.

Any inputs will be very helpful,

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath

PS: The information written into the database is just a text information,
precisely, it stores File attribute and some metadata.

Robosoft Technologies - Come home to Technology

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an
intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to
and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its
attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe.
However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or
virus.