On 3/25/08, Alex Katebi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I was woundering how I can update a column in my table back to its default
>  value.
>
>  For example:
>
>  create table t1 (value integer default 55, name text);
>  insert into t1(name) values('hello');
>  update t1 set value=default;  /* for illustration only */

you do realize that the above update will try to update the value of
the column 'value' to the value of a mysterious column called
'default'. Still, going on...

>  How can I achive the desired behavior short of doing "update t1 set
>  value=55"

insert into t1(name) values('hello');

automatically sets the value of the column called 'value' to 55, so
your question is answered by exactly what you are doing.

--
Puneet Kishor