I've got an AIR app that does simple inserts into a SQLite db. The
insert looks like so:

var insStmt:SQLStatement = new SQLStatement();
insStmt.sqlConnection = dbconnection;
sql = "insert into hours(description,projectidfk,clientidfk,hours,date)
values(:description,:projectidfk,:clientidfk,:hours,:date)";
insStmt.parameters[":description"] = descriptionfield.text;
insStmt.parameters[":projectidfk"] = projectfield.selectedItem.id;
insStmt.parameters[":clientidfk"] = projectfield.selectedItem.clientid;

insStmt.parameters[":hours"] = hoursworkedfield.value;
insStmt.parameters[":date"] = dateworkedfield.selectedDate;

trace('desc is '+descriptionfield.text);
insStmt.text = sql;
insStmt.addEventListener(SQLEvent.RESULT, refreshHandler);

Notice I'm using bound parameters for all my values. The description
field is a text box. When I enter text with line breaks in it, the db
only gets line one of description.

Any ideas why? A string is a string even if it has line breaks in it -
afaik.

Raymond Camden, Owner of Camden Media, Inc.

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog     : www.coldfusionjedi.com
AOL IM   : cfjedimaster