Hi all!

Very often, when people ask this list why they have trouble managing in sqlite
a "big table" (50 million lines or more than 10 Go), they are told that sqlite
is an embedded database and is not meant to be used for very big
databases/tables.

I'm currently in the process of designing a specific, read-only, sqlite
"virtual table" in order to enable sqlite to access data stored in an external
database which is specially designed to handle very big tables.

My final objective is to be able to easily query a big external table (stored
in another database) through the - excellent - sqlite interface.

Now I have this terrible doubt: will the existing sqlite "limitations" for big
sqlite tables also apply to my read-only virtual tables?

Thus... am I currently losing my time developing such a "virtual table" with
this objective in mind? Or is there a better way to achieve my objective?

Thank you for your help!