Dennis Cote wrote:

Chris Pierce wrote:

>> Here's what I'm doing/getting:
>>
>> AIX$ ./sqlite3 test.db
>> SQLite version 3.5.7
>> Enter ".help" for instructions
>> sqlite> create table mytest(first smallint);
>> Unable to open database "mytest": SQL logic error
or
>> missing database
>> AIX$

> There is something fishy going on here. The
> filename you provide on the command line is
> "test.db", but the file SQLite says it can't
> create is "mytest".
>
> Is this really a copy of what you entered and the
> messages SQLite produced, or is it a hand edited
> version?

Dennis, yes you are right.  I didn't cut and paste, I
DID mistype.  Here is the cut-paste of the issue:

AIX$ ./sqlite3 test.db
SQLite version 3.5.7
Enter ".help" for instructions
sqlite> create table mytest(first smallint);
Unable to open database "test.db": SQL logic error or
missing database
AIX$

Sorry for the confusion.

> I suspect you may have a permission problem in the
> directory where you are trying to create the
> database file. You must have write permission
> in that directory.

I am building this in /tmp.  Here's the copy of the
directory listing:

drwxr-sr-x   3 c0pier01 bin             512 Apr 07
12:41 c0pier01

But even when I run sqlite3 from my home directory
(which I have full access to), I get the error.  No
problems creating other files in either /tmp or ~.

Thanks,

Chris