I'm pretty new to databases, and I have a schema design question.  I
don't know enough about the guts of how sqlite works to know how to make
some tradeoffs.  I have a large (potentially millions of entries) table
and it has 4 columns which are needed for every entry, and 4 more that
are needed for about 10% of the entries.  I'm trying to decide whether I
want one table with 8 columns with a bunch of NULLs or two tables with
no NULLs that will require a join to get all of the 8 column values.  I
assume this is a space/performance tradeoff, since I would think
searching one table would be a lot faster than doing a join, but I'm not
sure what the impact would be in terms of disk/memory/performance of all
those NULLs.
   Does anybody have any suggestions?
   Thanks,
   Jeff