On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 03:28:47PM +0200, Martin Engelschalk scratched on the
wall:
> Hello Donald,
>
> I don't think so: The journal files are not synchronized on SYNCHRONOUS
> = OFF, but they are still written, so transactions are still possible.

  Yes, but if I understand the SYNCHRONOUS=OFF setting correctly, there
  is no reason the believe the journal files will ever make it out of the
  operating system's file cache.  Even if the OS does decide to spool
  them off to disk, that's going to happen in an async manner.

   -j

"'People who live in bamboo houses should not throw pandas.' Jesus said that."
   - "The Ninja", www.AskANinja.com, "Special Delivery 10: Pop!Tech 2006"