In my opinion (please tell me if I'm wrong), your method only works if you want
to *display* the values in your column, and if the decimal precision doesn't
change form line to line.
I would like to be able to perform operations (+, /, %, etc.) and to store
intermediary results into other columns (such as x% of the value, etc.), which
may have an arbitrary precision, and - only at the end - round the result to
cents/pennies etc. This is required into the technical specifications provided
by my client, because high precision matters for them. Indeed, an error of
0.01$ on 10,000,000 lines would lead to a significant error at the end...
Any help appreciated. I really wouldn't have to propose another software than
SQLite for this job... even if I have to reimplement from scratch BCD numbers
for the sqlite engine! ;-)
Aladdin