On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 05:40:45PM +0100, Toby Roworth scratched on the wall:
> mikeobe wrote:
> > i found it boring to learn how to use sqlite, maybe we can write a
> > tutorial for it, with examples, it will be much easier for the
> > beginner to start with sqlite.
>
> Agreed - I had to learn from the 5 minute introduction (which I was
> later told was a poor way of doing it), and then by using the reference,
> which leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to having little
> knowledge of SQLite - and it's still giving me trouble now!

  What are we looking for?  A 60 minute introduction?

  Any thoughts on specific topics, or is the main thing just
  covering the basics of the API in vanilla situations?

  I have a great deal of interest in this area, and would love to hear
  from anyone that has thoughts, ideas, or comments.  I would
  especially like to hear if there is a specific area or concept that
  confused folks when they were learning SQLite.

  SQLite tends to get used by a lot of people that have a stronger
  background in software development than in databases, so I would
  expect there to be some confusion about "database things" like table
  design and complex query commands.  Solid introductory materials need
  to take that into account, but we need to gather some more
  information on precisely what that difference means.

  This is a bit off-topic for the mailing list, so please feel free
  to send stuff directly to the address below.

   -j

"'People who live in bamboo houses should not throw pandas.' Jesus said that."
   - "The Ninja", www.AskANinja.com, "Special Delivery 10: Pop!Tech 2006"