Hi Igor,

   So are you telling me that if a statement has started a select on a
table with a delayed finalize another statement can update the same table?

   The reason I ask this question is that in my application a user can start
a query and take his time before he ends it. Meanwhile the same table needs
to be updated by my application. Can you tell be why there would be no lock
contention?

Thanks!
-Alex