Thanks Puneet!!!

> SELECT '_' || startyear || '_'
> FROM bsp_options
> WHERE startyear LIKE '1990%'
>
> You results may look like so
>
> _1990 _
>
> Notice the empty space after 1990?

This was it! The client's csv file had an extra
space at the end of the year. I didn't know this
because I have no shell access to the server, so I
can't get directly at the file. I can only write
code based on the layout he gives me, column names
and numbers.

I called his sys admin and he says, "Well, I'm
having dinner right now."

B**s*ard! If I have to work as long as it takes to
get this done, he can send me the @$%#$ csv file!
And sure enough, there were trailing spaces in all
the numeric fields! I just did a trim() when doing
the INSERT.

Thanks again all for all the help. I'm just sorry
it turned out to be so simple.

Also, I think being new to SQLite I'm probably
focusing on it, thinking it must be working
differently than other databases I have more
experience with, and losing site of the raw data
elements I'm working with.

Live and learn, and a BIG thanks again to all.

Now I can watch The Amazing Mrs. Pritchard and go
to bed.

--
Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC